A Mikon is a symbol about you
For example, a Mikon can say I'm from Texas. It's an idea in the form of a picture
Texas, Flag, State, Lone Star, Native Texan
It can say where you're from, what you like to do, what organizations you belong to, what you believe in, anything!
How can you use Mikons to tell your story?
- Create or use a mikon for your club
- Create or use a Mikon for your clan or guild
- your hobbies: biking, scrapbooking, book clubs, drinking, chess, reading, movies
- your beliefs: religion, political affiliation, gender identification,
- an experience or aspect of your personal story,cancer survivor, entrepreneur,
- a concept you want to share
- your preferences: paper or plastic? coffee or tea? vinyl or digital?
A company has one and only one logo but thats not enough to describe who you are!
With multiple Mikons, you make a sentence of symbols. The old saw is A Picture Is Worth a Thousand Words. What does a dozen Mikons say?
Use Mikons in the virtual world and in the real world!
The Actual World
First of all, you can use mikons.com to get your Mikons put on stuff. Right now that's t-shirts and stickers but we'll be adding many more options soon.
Put your mikon on a shirt, sticker, or more!!!
The Virtual World
You can also use your Mikons in your digital life. Put them on your blog, in your email signature, use them for your buddy icon or avatar, there are countless ways
Use mikons in email signatures, your blog, or as your avatar!
How to use Mikons & mikons.com
Think about things that you want people to know about you.
Are you a vegetarian? Religious? Love to ride bicycles?
Search for Mikons using tags. Type a tag into the search field (like "vegetarian", "Christian" (or what have you), "bicycle") and look at the results. If you like a Mikon, click the "add to my mikons" button next to it to add it to your collection.
What if the perfect Mikon just doesnt exist? Create your own!
Use the amazing Mikon Machine, our online drawing tool to make your own
Create vector art online with the mikon machine™!
Upload Vector Art
Already an artist? No problem, you can upload EPS vector artwork you've already created! Just go to your "my home" page after you create an account.
Upload EPS vector artwork!
Start from a blank slate or base your mikon on the 2200 pieces of clip art we've got for you to choose from on the Mikons site.
Mikons in the Mikon Machine™ can grow and shrink without losing detail since they are "vector" (like Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw) and not "bitmap" (like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, or a jpeg). That means the Machine works a little differently than a paint program. Explore!
Share your Mikons (or not)
Privacy/Visibility of your Mikon
- share (CC by-nd license)--anyone can see and add to their sets
- show only (copyright)--anyone can see, but cant add to their sets. You might use this one until you're ready for everyone to see your Mikon but youre not finished enough.
- private (copyright, hidden)--only I can see. You might use this one until you're ready for everyone to see your Mikon.
Make it easy for others to find your Mikon by giving them plentiful, descriptive tags. The more, the better! This is very important if you want others to find your Mikons.
Export your Mikons as individual pictures, as a group picture, or as html text for easy pasting
How do I use Mikons?
- Sign up to establish your unique login ID and password.
- Use the Mikon Machine™, our cool vector drawing tool, to create the symbols that tell your story. You can design from scratch or remix other graphics to build your personal set of Mikons.
- Publish your Mikons and choose how you would like to share them, possibly with your family, friends, and co-workers; or you can always keep them private.
- Connect with other Mikoners, search for people with similar Mikons, join a community, email a fellow Mikoner, view your friends list and much more!
This site is a work in progress. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the features and functions of this site to enhance user experience. If you have suggestions or comments, please mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org.